Wednesday, January 7, 2009

While the World Is Sleeping....

People in Gaza are dying.

Sorry to darken the mood, guys, but this kind of stuff messes with my head.

I have been somewhat an "observer" of this conflict for many years. I started trying to understand it after I watched a very biased documentary in favour of the Palestinians. I vowed that before i came to my own conclusion as to who was wrong and who was right, I would learn as many facts as possible.

To this day, i have not cast an opinion on who is right or wrong, despite reading so much about it. Why? Because it is such a complex issue and its very hard to find unbiased reporting on the issue.

Therefore, I choose not to take any side.

This frustrates me, because I feel as though i am being ignorant in some way.

But then i see the mess that is Gaza right now and I think to myself "surely the bombing needs to stop, the rocket launching needs to cease, and surely the relevant parties can put their civilians before their need to 'win' any form of senseless war." And when i mean "senseless war" i mean any war. Any war fought these days is senseless, particularly when we were faced with World War II. Wasn't that the war to end all wars? What did we learn from that??? Nothing, it seems. The US is supporting Israel, good old Chavez is egging on Hamas, and whilst all of this is happening, Russia is ceasing the provision of gas supplies to the Ukraine - IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER!

This world really sucks sometimes.

:(

No comments: