Saturday, January 3, 2009

Training for the Challenge Series

After 6 days of indulgence and laziness, i realised today that i have TWO weeks left before the Kathmandu Adventure Series so I had to get out again. I choose to kayak from Point Piper to Shark Island and back.


(Map provided by www.airviewonline.com.au)

While the weather wasnt so great for kayaking, I still managed to take my camera with me to get some great photos. Obviously I couldnt take the shots while i was kayaking across the harbour, i managed to get some when on Shark Island.


My kayak!


Shark Island has one of the best views of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.



Jet boating is a relatively new activity for tourists in Sydney. I havent tried it yet. I was concerned at one point that the jet boat would run straight over me. He didnt end up doing it, but the waves created by these things are hard to kayak through!!






As I kayaked, sightseeing planes zoomed up and around me. There are about four zooming around the harbour at one time.


See above for what looks to be one of the entrants of the Louis Vuitton Cup which is to be held in New Zealand later this month. That said, i investigated on google just then and I cant see this boat as a confirmed entrant... nevertheless, I've had the pleasure of being on one of these boats, and boy, are they amazing!

1 comment:

Melissa C Morris said...

great pictures!

good luck with your race - it sounds super intense.