Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Conquered Everest!

Okay, that was a dramatic post title but it feels like I conquered at least a BIG psychological mountain today.

I decided that today was the day I would get the 2.5km run out of the way. Rewind to the previous post about the fact that I do not "desire" running in any form or fashion.

Well, i did it. I ran the 2.5km. Furthermore, if i wasn't watching my distance closely, i think my mind or body could have allowed me to run further - 3km, 4km, who knows.

I felt comfortable doing it, despite the fact that it was 31 degrees celcius (nearly 90 degrees fahrenheit) here in Sydney Australia this afternoon. It was still at 31 degrees at 7.30pm too!!.

I got into a pretty steady rhythm and just kept jogging.

It doesnt seem far, 2.5km, but for someone who up until today had only jogged on treadmills, its a HUGE achievement.

Woohoo!

No comments: