Monday, June 2, 2008

First Day of "Unemployment"


Today was technically my first day of unemployment.... unemployment which is only going to last a whole eight days, but I still like to think of it as unemployment. The reason is because its the only time that a person really can relax and not be responsible for any kind of work at all. Its fantastic. That said, as you all know, I dont cope well with idle activity so my first day was quite a struggle. I didnt really know what to do with myself. I found myself firstly going to the gym, and then grabbing my usual newspaper and coffee and sitting down on the promenade of Watsons Bay. I manage to spend a good hour and a half there, reading the newspaper from cover to cover, before that became boring.


I then went and stood up at the Gap, staring out across the ocean, hoping i'd spot some whales or some form of marine life to keep my occupied for a little while. Whales often come up to the Heads and into the Harbour if the water temperature is warm enough, however today wasnt my day. I soon tired of that and decided that it was far too cold.

How am I going to survive the next eight days??

Relaxing is difficult when you are a workaholic.

1 comment:

Pat said...

[ Sorry if this is a duplicate comment - Blogger hiccupped! ]

Perhaps. But we your loyal blogfans sure reap benefits from your boredom! Photos and blogging galore! A veritable feast for us, tho it seems more a 'famine' for you!