Monday, May 19, 2008

Counting Down the Days

Its 2.30am and I can't sleep. So I have turned on my laptop and am now sitting, reading the newspaper and thinking about how very lucky I am to be me. There is so much death and destruction in the world right now. In Burma, hundreds of thousands of people are at risk of dying from disease as a result of a government that is failing to support its people after a destructive cyclone. In China, 33000 are now confirmed dead after a large earthquake hit the region and the death toll is expected to rise. Here in Sydney today though, we had such a gorgeous autumn day - the sun was shining and a cool breeze was blowing. We are so lucky in this country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're not that lucky. Don't clubs close really early in Oz, like at around 2am. Now that must suck more than cyclones or earthquakes, that's for shore.
;)
Maria